"Really worth a try whatever you think about Retsina and whatever terrible stuff you may have had before "
Julia Harding MW, 2013 vintage, tasted in November 2014
– Location: Aegialia, Ano Diakopto
– Soil: clay and limestone
– Exposure: North
– Trellising System: bushvines
– Number of vines per hectare: 4400
– Yield: 46hl/ha
– Agricultural method: Organic
– Harvest date: beginning of october
– Harvested by hand
– Use only the free run must
– Fermentation in clay amphoras
– Type of Yeasts used: wild
– Skin contact : 5-7 days
– Addition of pine resin (1kg/10hl) in 'teabags', selected from pine trees surrounding the vineyards.
– Wine and food pairing: fabulous as an aperitif and even better with roast chicken.
2015 vintage, Julia Harding MW for Jancis Robinson, 16.5 points